Infertility Diagnosis & Treatment in Allen
When diagnosing infertility in women, Dr. Beshay may recommend laproscopy, a minimally invasive surgical procedure that provides an accurate picture of the internal pelvic organs. This involves a small incision near the patient’s navel to insert a narrow fiberoptic instrument, and potentially a few more incisions for inserting additional instruments. This simple procedure can be done in the office at DFW Center for Fertility & IVF in Allen, TX. In addition to using a laproscope to diagnose infertility, this procedure can also be used to treat certain medical problems as indicated by this and other tests.
Reasons for Laproscopy
- Infertility evaluation
- Diagnose and treat endometriosis
- Diagnose and treat tubal abnormalities
- Diagnose and treat uterine anomalies
- Treat ectopic pregnancy (pregnancy in locations such as the fallopian tube)
- Diagnose and treat infertility factors such as ovarian cysts, adhesions, fibroids and/or infection
- Identify the cause of pelvic pain
- Perform biopsies
For more information on laproscopy, you can find further information from the American Society of Reproductive Medicine (PDF file) and by contacting DFW Center for Fertility & IVF or calling 469-854-0305.